Mechanical Design Engineer
Linkam is expanding into new fields with many exciting and challenging products.
Our R&D team in the UK have ten members, with a skill set covering optical, mechanical, electronic, and software engineering and we are looking to take on a qualified graduate, primarily to process manage new products through to production.
This position would suit a recently graduated person looking to expand their skillset.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with SolidEdge 3D CAD or similar and be interested in learning EdgeCam for machining prototypes in our state-of-the art workshop which is equipped with the latest CNC mill and lathes.
- Preparing marked up 2D drawings to support design changes, checking 2D drawings are in-line with the planned design prior to release
- Have an understanding of complex product structures
- Some practical / industry experience, with an understanding of R & D project lifecycle practices
- Some knowledge of materials under high and low temperatures, working with CE and ROHS requirements
- Background and an interest in small mechanisms and the close relationship between design and manufacturing
- Must be able to make concept prototypes which may require some element of machining
- Hard working, methodical, self-motivated
If you are interested in any of the vacancies above please send a copy of your CV to: email@example.com together with a covering letter describing why you think you would be perfect for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer, offer competitive salaries, many benefits and excellent working conditions.
Note to employment agencies:
Please do not contact us regarding this vacancy as we are only working with our preferred suppliers