Michael Jordan is arguably the greatest basketball player to ever set foot on the basketball court. He probably knows this, he has 6 NBA championship rings. However, an actor, he is not. did you ever see Space Jam? Nope, not too many did.
It's a good idea to stick with what you're best at.
We make temperature controlled stages for a variety of microscopy techniques. This is what we are best at, and so when it comes to analysing liquid crystals, we'll take care of the temperature control microscopy instruments, but we'll turn over the in depth quantitative analysis to the experts.
We will be working with Dr. Michael Wand and the folks at LC-Vision to promote their LCAS range of liquid crystal analysis instruments. The LCAS range utilise an LC cell holder that will fit into our LTS120 and LTS420 temperature controlled stages to enable the user to analyze liquid crystals in minutes that would otherwise take hours.
Property analysis of nematic LC includes:
- Threshold voltage (Vth) • Parallel dielectric (Epara)
- Perpendicular dielectric (Eperp)
- Dielectric anisotropy (ΔE)
- Splay elastic Constant (K1)
- Bend elastic constant (K3)
- Rotational viscosity
- Ionic density – both positive and negative ions
- Will measure negative ΔE nematic liquid crystals using high to low voltage sweep)