Photo Challenge 2017
We're looking to expand our sample image database for use in our marketing campaigns. If you have any images you will be willing to share with us, please do send them in. The best picture will be rewarded with an Ipad!
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is free to enter
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win
- There is no restriction to the number of entries that may be submitted
- Images should be of a sample that is being investigated using a Linkam system.
- All entries must be supplied as JPEG, TIFF or BMP at a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
- All entries must be submitted by e-mail sent to the e-mail address:
o Subject header should be “Linkam Photo Challenge 2017”
- The maximum file size for each image should not exceed 5Mb and the total for any one e-mail should not exceed 50Mb. If submitting multiple images it may be necessary to send them by separate e-mails.
- Please ensure you full name, address, e-mail and phone number are included with each entry together with the information about the image
- Please provide a brief description of the sample, the application, the Linkam system used and the condition in which the images were taken.
- The competition will run from 05/06/2017 and close at midnight GMT on 28/07/2017
- The winner will be the image that in the view of the judges provides the most interesting image. The judging criteria will be:
o Scientific interest
o Artistic and visual impact
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
- The prize for the winning entry will be an iPad (New iPad 9.7 with 128 Gb Memory). No alternative cash prize will be offered
- The winner will be notified and prize will be sent directly to the winner within 4 weeks of the competition closing.
- The winner will be publically announced on the Linkam website and in the next Linkam Newsletter (to be sent out in September 2017)
o It is a condition of entry that you give Linkam non-exclusive irrevocable, worldwide rights to use your name and the image in connection with the competition as Linkam sees fit.
o You certify and warrant that you hold the rights to grant such permission and agree to hold Linkam harmless in any disputes that arise out of image ownership/rights.
o Image copyright remains the property of the entrant even though permission to use imagery is given to Linkam.
o If the images were taken on a System owned by the company the entrant is employed by then it is the entrants’ responsibility to ensure they have the necessary permission to submit the image for the competition.
o It is the responsibility of the entrant to seek all permissions required for the image to win under the entrant’s name, and for the display and publication of the entry. Linkam reserve the right to request evidence of such authorities or consents.
o If the same image is received by more than one entrant the image will not be considered for the competition.
- Linkam do not accept any liability for lost, delayed or incomplete entries.
- Taxes and duties, if any, on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize-winner
- Images will only be used by Linkam for Marketing and Promotional purposes.
- Any image used by Linkam will be credited accordingly
- Submission of an entry to the competition assumes full agreement of these Terms and Conditions
- This contest falls under any rules and regulations for such contests by the laws of the United Kingdom, including Copyright laws and any disputes will be handled under UK law.