Linkam is a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of sample characterisation solutions based around our thermal stages. We are based in the UK but our customers are in all corners of the world and our products can be found in laboratories in most of the top companies and Universities. Would you like to be part of a dynamic, market leading business?
Due to Linkam’s ongoing success and expansion we have a number of opportunities across all areas of the business.
Below you will see a short summary of each vacancy. For a full description please download the PDF. If you would like to apply for one of the positions please send a covering letter together with your CV to the Finance & Operations Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Linkam is expanding into new fields with many exciting and challenging products.
Our R&D team in the UK has members with a skill sets covering optical, mechanical, electronic, and software engineering.
Linkam manufacture a range of thermal microscopy stages, relating imaging and physical sensor measurements, and are looking to expand the team with a view to broadening our software base and to introduce new technologies and architectures so we can expand our imaging products looking at a range of cameras and open source libraries.
You will be working within the R&D team with a view to supporting our range of microscope based instruments which are based around ST STM32 Arm microcontrollers.
A knowledge of small signal processing is essential, as we use a range of low output sensors in the design of new prototype instruments, most of which have embedded microcontrollers. Software is written in ‘C’ and debugging is from the IAR ARM workbench.
PCB design is also part of the role where we use PADS PCB and Logic for all our surface mount layouts. Boards are then assembled by a 3rd party, although experience of surface mount rework is required.
With each new design there will be a requirement to consider EMC and LVD and to gather documentation to support the submission to an external test house.
This role is varied but has the freedom for an individual to see the design from inception through to production with a high degree of individual input.
Linkam is expanding into new fields with many exciting and challenging products and we are looking for an experienced CNC Turner to join our expanding business. Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Setup, operate & maintain turning machines such as Mazak, Spinner, EMCO and lathe.
- Use latest drawings & develop programmes and setting sheets as necessary
- Run multiple machines and priorities jobs to maximise efficiency
- Inspection of items to deliver quality parts
- Debur & clean all parts ready for anodising or assembly
- Write and edit CAM programmes where necessary
- Work on own initiative and together in a production team to deliver quality parts within tight deadlines • Continuously feedback lean manufacturing process improvements • Must maintain a clean, safe working area at all times,
- Ensure all tools and jigs are appropriately labelled for ease of access • Ensuring programs are backed up to server every day
- Organise and manage own work load for most efficient output
- Flexible and positive attitude
Qualifications & Knowledge Required
5 Years+ Turning Experience
EdgeCam programming experience
Good communication & computer skills
Flexible and positive attitude