Thank you for registering your LINK software.
You can find the LINK software on the supplied USB stick.
This section describes how to activate and register your LINK software.
1) Insert your LINK USB key into a free USB port on your PC, and navigate to it in Windows explorer. Double click on the 'Start.hta' file, click the 'Next' button at the bottom of the page and click on the 'Install LINK' button. The following setup screen will appear:
2) Click next and the licence agreement screen will appear.
This can be printed if required by clicking the 'Print' button. Select 'I accept' and click on 'Next'.
Click on 'Finish' to complete the installation.
3) When LINK is first run after installation a software registration screen will automatically display.
Fill in the information fields and click 'Next'.
Note: Clicking 'Cancel' will cancel this process and start the LINK software, but it will be unusable until the initial registration process is complete. In order to get the registration form back up in this case, LINK will need to be restarted.
4) Clicking on 'Email' will automatically create an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing all details needed for Linkam to provide a permanent licence key for your software. This feature will only function if there is a Microsoft Outlook email client configured on the local PC.
In the event that you do not have Outlook configured on the PC, clicking the 'Copy' button will copy the relevant information to the computer clipboard, where it can be pasted into the email client of your choice or printed out and faxed.
5) Once copied or emailed, an 'Exit' button will appear. Clicking on this will cause the following confirmation dialogue to appear:
Click 'OK' to this message and the main LINK software will start. At this point, you have 10 days in which to enter a permanent licence key. After this 10 day period the LINK software will become unusable until such time as a permanent key is entered.
6) When you receive your licence key from Linkam Scientific, start your LINK software and the following screen will appear:
Enter the supplied licence key into the 'Registration Key' field and click on OK to update to a permanent licence. It is also possible to update the key from within LINK (for example if you have purchased additional features after owning a more basic version). To do this click on the 'Help' menu and select 'Update registration'
The following screen will appear:
7) Enter the licence key you were sent by Linkam into the 'Registration Key' field and click OK. The software will now need to be restarted.
Your LINK software is now fully licensed.
The licensing information can be retrieved from LINK at any time by clicking on the 'Help' menu and selecting 'About'.